Choosing a Right Topic to Write an Informative Essay
Creating a well-structured, captivating and successful essay that would certainly earn a nice degree is quite a challenging task for nearly any college or university student. Even experienced writers often have some hard times to fulfill their tasks especially when pressed by a deadline. As for students, the latter problem is always here. So, the problem is typically not only to write a nice and informative essay but also to do it quickly.
In order to face a challenge and win, you must first analyze the problem. So what are the success criteria of essay writing?
- Accuracy and consistency.
- Opinions supported with facts.
- Facts supported by references whenever needed.
- Proper structure, with logical ties between the parts.
- Nice writing style.
- A relevant and interesting topic you have much to say about.
In fact, picking an excellent topic is often the main step towards success. So let us examine best topics a student could pick today.
50 Informative Essay Topics You Could Pick Right Away
Games, Books, Comics or Movies
- My favorite childhood book and what helpful things I learned from it.
- Do young people actually read less books today?
- Top 5 books I would recommend reading before entering the university.
- History and future of video games.
- Should we actually accuse video games of causing violence?
- Why do I prefer Marvel comics to Marvel movies.
- Top 5 anime series I would recommend any teenager to watch.
- Manga artists whose life and career inspire me.
- Why did I choose to pursue a STEM career.
- Top 5 skills one needs to enter a medical school.
- The history of law schools in the USA.
- What are the main reasons people make career choices, apart of money?
- How does one know it is time to change their career path?
Environment and Society
- The history of emancipation and universal suffrage in the USA.
- What are the main arguments of both sides in the gun control controversy?
- Why is it important to fight pollution and what a single citizen could do about that.
- The problem of circuses, zoos and other places where animals live without the natural environment.
- Do you think the death penalty should be banned forever and why?
- The history of climate crisis notion and its controversies.
Family, Friends and Relationship
- How did I meet my best friends.
- What does it mean to have your family’s support and why it matters.
- Main reasons people’s relationships improve or deteriorate.
- What age is good for students to date with each other?
- Pros and cons of growing in a rural area.
Religion and Philosophy
- Why is it important to know yourself in order to comprehend the surrounding world?
- Compare two religious leaders, e.g. Pope Francis and the 14th Dalai Lama.
- Main elements of a religious cult and the reasons it attracts people.
- Plato’s ideas about religion and state.
- Are philosophy and religion compatible in today’s world?
Technology and Science
- Does the rise of IT bring similar economic and social effects as the industrial revolution?
- Green energy and sustainable housing: what impact these technologies are making today?
- How has the development of social media platforms like Facebook changed the way we relate to one another?
- Top 3 most notorious discoveries astronomers made in the 21st century.
- Will robotization make our social life better?
- Is it necessary to explore space?
- The future of libraries in the computer age.
- Is it still necessary to use animals in scientific needs in the 21st century?
- How I persuaded my whole family to attend a marathon
- How do physical exercises and diet choices affect stress levels?
- Best ways to make yourself start exercising.
- Pros and cons of daily jogging.
- Main reasons why people procrastinate.
- What are the benefits of avoiding procrastination?
- Do some people work better when they perform tasks at the last minute?
- Tips to overcome the tendency to procrastinate.
- Why is it important to learn foreign languages?
- In what ways does stress affect job or school performance?
- Top 5 most stressful situations in your life.
- Discuss effective stress relief techniques.
- Explain how mindfulness and meditation can decrease stress.
Making Your Own Choice for Your Informative Essay
People have different interests and habits so no wonder that they find different things interesting. Probably, you will not find anything really striking among our suggestions above. However, this should be at least providing you with some food for thought, some interesting analogies or some unexpected aspects to view something from. Feel free to use any of these variants as an inspiration to come up with your own choice. Just decide for yourself what you would like to tell the world about most of all and go ahead!